Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Monday, April 1, 2013

FLOATING ROSE WREATH

Ignore the chunky lady in the photo!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHO SHE IS!!!


A few months ago, I saw some beautiful roses at Costco while I was shopping for groceries. 

I'm the sort of person who really enjoys flowers.  When I look at them I just feel an inner peace (blah blah blah...I know).

However, I feel GUILTY spending $17 for a bunch, especially given the current state of the economy (particularly  my families!). 

This particular day I just couldn't walk away from this bunch of gorgeous pink large headed roses!


And to be honest, they lasted almost a whole week!  


They opened to large gorgeous heads of pink leafy beauty!




They were just too beautiful to let die!  So when they started to fade a bit I cut their heads off and let them dry on a tray.  They were just as beautiful dried as they were fresh.

So they beautifully sat on a silver tray for about two months waiting for me to pack for march break, go to march break, unpack and do laundry from march break, clean for Easter. 


Then three days ago, as I was drowning in Easter cleaning, Easter cooking, and  other family situations (STRESSFUL situations), I pulled out my dried roses, my spool of wire, pliers, and my glue gun!  Oh yes, and I pulled out a wee bit of vintage seam binding.
(I find nothing more soothing than crafting, especially when I should be cleaning).  

Theres that woman again! 

And the Floating Rose wreath was born! The photos don't do it justice it really is quite beautiful, and CHEAP!!  Dying roses, a bit of wire, hot glue and small bits of binding tape.




It has found its new home...at least for now.


Have a great day!!


House on the Way








4 comments:

  1. Hello! Your wreath is wonderful! Such a nice idea, I'll try to copy you as my husband has just brought me some roses.
    And I agree with you "nothing more soothing than crafting, especially when I should be cleaning"...
    Besos! Silvina

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS job!!!
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love pink roses and heart so this is darn pretty. You have quite a collection of vintage mirrors!

    Lynnie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!