Very basic requirements here. My tweeked version of this recipe is:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 8 cups air popped popcorn
- red food colouring
- Mix milk and sugar in small saucepan, and heat on medium till it boils. Let it boil for a few minutes just to give the syrup some body, but dont let it burn. This must be watched.
- Add the cinnamon, and mix well so it disolves into syrup. You dont want clumps.
- Now add as much food colouring as you like. I made it a bit darker, like cinnamon hearts. Mix in well.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn (in a large bowl) and mix as well as you can. Try to coat the popcorn evenly. The syrup will gather at the bottom of the bowl, so scrape it up and keep mixing, almost like 'folding' eggs.
- Pour sticky popcorn in two shallow cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Place in warm oven. I usually heat my oven to 200 - 250* F for twenty minutes, then turn it off, and place the popcorn into warm/off oven. I leave the popcorn in the warm oven overnight.
- In the morning (or whenever you're ready) break up the popcorn and place in airtight container, or just eat it!
Sorry I didnt take any photos of it once it had dried. I was too busy/late trying to get it ready for school! But it looked soooo good!