Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Not much, whats new with you?

Well, okay if you really want to know:
  • I just started a baking theory class at our local downtown trade college.  I've taken a 'for fun' baking course there before, but this time I decided to take one from their certificate program.  Not that I would go for the whole certificate, as I have a university degree, and to be honest, although it looks good on paper, it hasnt done much for me.  I want to take a couple of courses from a few of their baking arts/hospitality programs.  Lets see where it leads...
  • I'm doing something with the kids today, but I cant tell anyone cause I dont want to jinx it.  The kids dont get what I mean by 'jinxing', and I'm a bit embarressed at my double standards because I pretty much a realist...dont believe in horoscopes, fortune tellers, etc... but when it comes down to being jinxed...well, thats a whole other ballgame!
  • I bought an incredible lot of war memorabilia (I live in Canada, where its legal to buy/sell US war medals) belonging to a Vietnam Veteran, who donated them to a church charity shop prior to his death.  He said his family didnt want them.  Can you believe it?  I'm not a pro war person, but I couldnt imagine a family not wanting something like this.  There is his purple heart, and the pin which accompanies it, a marksmanship medal, a vietnam medal, a brass lighter with 'Ask not what your country..." , and a sketch of a naked girl on it, his dog tags, and patches from his uniform.  It was a real history lesson for me and my family, looking at this mans very personal memorabilia.  Very grounding.
  • My iphone didnt take the best photos, but it gives you an idea.  I dont think I'd ever sell them, I just bought them really to preserve them. 
    Heres a bit of nothin...Last summer we went to Disney World and stayed at the Grand Floridian, and look at the gorgeous chairs they had in their lobby!!  I wanted them so badly!!!  I'm might not want them in dusty pink velvet...love pink, dusty pink not so much.  Arent they adorable!!!  Wishing peace and prosperity to all.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arda, What a fascinating post! I too can't imagine not keeping such family memories. I think it is a great collection. I wanted to tell you that your kind comments on my blog are very appreciated. They make my day! The directions for the little cake are actually printed on the pattern itself. So glad you found the roses directions. Sounds like you will have fun with your baking class. Again, I love the title of your blog, and it makes me smile each time I visit! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!