Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Monday, June 18, 2012

White Upstairs Hallway

My house is overstuffed with furniture, so every time I buy a new piece I feel even more guilty because I know its being squeezed in somewhere just to accommodate it.  Sometimes it doesn't even fit in, but it has to go somewhere…


Such was the case with this buffet…








It was brown, but not so nice, so I sanded/stained/varnished the top and painted the rest in Anne Sloans pure white chalk paint.  I very lightly sanded it, but haven't yet waxed.  I'm not convinced I'm waxing yet…just living with it for a while…looks like it still needs something…Any suggestions?
















Here it is with the chippy white columns I bought at the last Christie antique show.  








I need something on top of the pillars.  Maybe I'll cut some of my hydrangeas and make an arrangement.  Only, I hate to cut my hydrangeas!  I love the big floral bushes so much.

















Each head is its own bouquet!  So lovely!  I have to wait till they start to age before I can cut them!  They are just too amazing!  


Have a great day!!


Sharing with these great blogs:













SixSistersStuff.com Come "Strut Your Stuff" with us EVERY w

11 comments:

  1. Where to start. Oh, the gorgeous window at the top of your stairs!!!! It's breathtaking! Your buffet looks great the way it is, to me. And your chippy columns would look fabulous with Annabelle hydrangeas on top. Our AH only have teenie tiny blossoms just starting. I like to cut them when the flowers are slightly green and they stay that way for almost a year when they are dried.

    I want that window. :@

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH PRETTY PICTURES! Oh the hydrangeas! So glad you found me! Thanks so much for letting me know you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I am getting a house full of things squeezed into every corner. Sometimes, you just gotta have those great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That window is amazing!! And your silver serving domes ... I now will be in search of some of my own!
    I am a fan of hydrangeas and yours are heavenly!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have a house tour link? I'd love to see more!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
    Window, buffet and that awesome silver
    So glad you linked up!
    Hugs
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gonna go feature this on my fb page now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful window! The buffet too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly, you have the most beautiful home. I have so enjoyed looking through past posts. Every detail is utterly perfect. I have come to apologize profusely that you saw a post on my blog I quickly deleted. Yes there are such things, but it was beneath me to mention it. Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my blog. I'm always thrilled when an elegant blog happens my way! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your buffet is beautiful. Love your window! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures with all of us! We are so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Please come back again really soon! Thanks! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!