Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Boxing Day Loot

Yesterday was Boxing day in Canada.  Traditionally this is the day where the retailers have large sales to clear out unsold Christmas and winter stock.  It is reminiscent of the American tradition of Black Friday (which creeped into Canada this year...).  Considering I worked retail for YEARS, I HATE boxing day!  My family owned a few (mid to high end womens boutiques)retail shops, and in the late '80s through to the mid '90s we had a location in a large Toronto Mall.  This is the location I managed.  So after working Boxing day for years, I couldn't stomach going shopping on this day.  However, over the last few years, I managed to muster up the guts to go to a few specific locations early in the morning.  

Yesterday I went to large North American chain Home Decor retailer, which has a large Christmas selection. I don't usually like the things this store sells.  They are imported reproductions of antiques, furniture, and kitchenware.  However some of their Christmas ornaments are quite pretty. 

I didn't get there until 10:00 am, so it was getting picked over, but I did manage to nab a couple of lovely ornaments I wanted to share:



There were four of these great 'vintage trunk' ornaments left, so I grabbed them.  They are quite sweet, aren't they?





I also bought 5 of these bejewelled star fish.  While they don't look that Christmassy, they are quite lovely.  I'm sure I will use these throughout the year.

Have a great day, and don't drink to much egg nog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!