Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Baking Tip

ugly but yummy chocolate mint brownies (melted York peppermint patties on top)

I bake brownies quite regularly, and I'm always on the look out for interesting new recipes.  Lately whenever I've read a new recipe, I've noticed the authors describing ways of cutting clean cuts, especially on gooey versions.  However, I have a simple technique I use, which is pretty foolproof.  

TIPS:
  1. First, make sure brownies are cooled, and refrigerated if possible.
  2. Get a good pastry scraper.  One that has a good thick piece of metal, not a flimsy one.
  3. Use the pastry scraper by pushing the flat end of the scraper directly into to brownie, and push right down to bottom.
  4. Next, remove scraper and move it along to the next section of the brownie and repeat.  Keep doing this to cut all the horizontal cuts, then proceed with the vertical cuts. Voilá!  






A few years ago, when my sister first saw me use this technique on brownies, she thought I was keeping a new useful tool secret from her!!!  She thought it was a 'brownie cutter'!  

Sharing with these great blogs:




1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I love the name of your blog! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!