Welcome to my crazy world!

Hello and welcome!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

MMS Milk Paint Attempt 2 and 3

Well, I mixed up a really really bad batch of MMS in Ironstone a few days ago, and I LOVED the colour, but hated the grit and big chunks of paint, regardless of all my stirring. 


MMSMP try #2
No before photo (bad bad blogger), but it was that beige fake wood grained paint effect you see under the ironstone colour.  This is it after one coat of ironstone (with binding agent) but sanded down to remove all the grit (lots and lots of grit).

I've decided I'm not going to go buy a blender to dedicate to painting, so I found this blog  with her great advice of using a mason jar to mix (easy peasy, and mostly- not completely smooth).

The paint came on much smoother, and after it dried, I sanded the legs and rims of the top and shelf for a really heavily distressed look.  Not my usual thing, but it had so many lovely colours poking out that I just fell in love!

Waxed and done!








I think of this table as a success!  Its relatively smooth and intentionally distressed, so a success....

However the shelf unit which I painted TWICE, once with bonding agent, just didn't stick!  Even tho I gave it a good sanding!  No photos, because it just makes me cry 8(

Then, everything I painted on just chipped right off...I may as well have painted it with yogurt!!

I love Marian from MMS, and I LOVE the colours of her paint, but I won't buy this paint any more.  I've got a couple of hundred bucks of it as I bought the sampler kit (with waxes, hemp oil, etc...), so I will use it until its finished, but I will have to go back to chalk paint (sorry Marian)!  I love chalk paint...no sanding, no priming, great colours, sands smooth as silk, waxes beautifully!  

I really wanted to love MMSMP, as I read about all of the great projects people have painted with it, but I honestly don't have the time to keep painting, sanding, crying, etc...


Good news!

I sold my table and chair set at my booth!!!  Yippee!!!!  I loved that set, and everyone who saw it loved it but it just sat there for the last 6 weeks...

Now I have room to take something else!



Have a great day!

Sharing here:

Blissful White Wednesdays

SAVVY SOUTHERN STYLE - Wow us Wednesdays

JENNIFER RIZZO'S - FABULOUSLY CREATIVE FRIDAY LINKY PARTY

COMMON GROUND - Be Inspired 150



Ivy and Elephants

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should consider trying The Old Fashioned Milk Paint company... you can order it through Lee Valley. I find it mixes up a lot nicer and smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the table is chippy and cute. This is such a wonderful and inspiring post. I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us today!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to make a comment, I LOVE hearing from you!